Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Coming up for air... WWJD? What Would Jesse Do?



Wisely, this is the one day break from Indigo Girls in Indigo week (note that I'm not posting 7; only 4).


I cannot let the day pass by without getting in a hoot about a man that has always taken the low road:


Jackson's son, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. of Illinois -- co-chair of Obama's presidential campaign -- publicly blasted his father's comments Wednesday.
"I'm deeply outraged and disappointed in Rev. Jackson's reckless statements about Sen. Barack Obama," the younger Jackson said. "His divisive and demeaning comments about the presumptive Democratic nominee -- and I believe the next president of the United States -- contradict his inspiring and courageous career."
The lawmaker added that he'll "always love" his father but said, "I thoroughly reject and repudiate his ugly rhetoric."


I don't know how inspiring and courageous a career Jesse elder has had, perhaps when MLK was around to tamp him down. Since then, I'd contrast him as insipid and critical for most of his adult time in the spotlight.

7 comments:

Donna said...

Only 4, eh?

I think young Jackson meant Obama was the one with the "inspiring and courageous career," and the Rev.'s comments contradicted that, but I could be wrong. (I read that particular sentence twice (before your comment) because I wasn't sure whose career young Jackson meant.)

"Folk Music of the Dakotas" you say? Gee, can't wait.

Serena said...

The Rev. Jesse is okay -- 'til he opens his mouth. Then all hell breaks loose. I've never understood how he managed to grab and hold on to the spotlight. I like the Indigo Girls much better!:)

Pam said...

Time for Jesse to exit stage right. The man is out-of-touch with today's thinking. He's back in the day of 'entitlement' and not for taking responsibility for pulling oneself up.

His son is the new generation, the Obama way of thinking about 'taking responsibility'.

Jesse's jealous and irrelevant. That said, he's had a field day today making the rounds 'explaining' his gaffe.

Off with his mike!!

Papa Chuck said...

Ah yes,, Jessie, Al, et al,, and now Obama, telling me I should learn a second language...working in the DMV, I can tell you that the people from south of the border (not the firework places along I95) do NOT want to learn our language, and will only use it when I tell them they can not renew their license, since they have no current, legal immigration documentation. I have never felt myself to be adversly opiniated about any culture, but this language thing is just too too much, when confronted w/ it on a regular basis.
Now, if Barack had said,that the blacks should learn english as a second language, second to Ebonics, then that would go a long way to earn him more votes...but still not mine. Looking down at the 'word verification' it's OBOKU...ummm a sign from Microsoft????

Bob said...

Oh my, Quid, what can I say about Jesse, BLESS HIS HEART?! I have never understood what his message is supposed to be, other than to continue to incite a spirt of divisiveness. I don't get it.

Kelly said...

My advice for the day:


For the sake of safety....
Never assume the gun is unloaded. Never assume the mike is turned off.


Jesse Jackson irritates the heck out of me!

quid said...

Damn. I think you're right Donna. Inspiring and courageous were words he used about "O", not the right reverend.