Thursday, November 13, 2008
7 weird things
I got tagged by fellow bloggers to post "7 weird things" about myself. That was very inclusive of them, since almost everything about me is a little tinged by weirdness. I'm supposed to tag others to do this as well, and post the rules. But I don't know how to tag and I never ascribe to rules. So I'm just doin' my own thing. Here's the 7 "weirds":
1. I am horribly, almost fanatically afraid of cats. There's a long story about
why. It will bore you. You don't want to hear it.
2. The theme to my 40th birthday office party (a surprise) was "dinosaurs". Arrows all over the building and lines of colored tape led everyone from every floor to the dinosaur viewing. Naturally, they converged at my office.
3. My first born was so lactose intolerant that I had to read the labels of everything I fed her to make sure there were no obviously milk products, whey, or milkfat. I hand made all her baby food except the fruit and vegetables in an Oster food processor. If she injested any milk at all, she was sick for a week. This lasted until she was nearly 7... she drank only soy formula through that time.
4. My family includes several state amateur golfing champions, one club pro, and one manufacturer's rep for golf clubs. The last time I was on a golf course as a player, I 13 putted. They try to pretend I'm from another family.
5. I have 16 crowns and have had 18 root canals. Brush your teeth twice a day and floss!
6. At the height of my addiction, I drank 7 cups of coffee a day. I'm down to one(but I'm not counting all the diet Mt. Dew).
7. I played the accordion and liked to dance the polka as a child. OMG, I never thought I would admit that.