Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

7 weird things



I got tagged by fellow bloggers to post "7 weird things" about myself. That was very inclusive of them, since almost everything about me is a little tinged by weirdness. I'm supposed to tag others to do this as well, and post the rules. But I don't know how to tag and I never ascribe to rules. So I'm just doin' my own thing. Here's the 7 "weirds":

1. I am horribly, almost fanatically afraid of cats. There's a long story about
why. It will bore you. You don't want to hear it.

2. The theme to my 40th birthday office party (a surprise) was "dinosaurs". Arrows all over the building and lines of colored tape led everyone from every floor to the dinosaur viewing. Naturally, they converged at my office.

3. My first born was so lactose intolerant that I had to read the labels of everything I fed her to make sure there were no obviously milk products, whey, or milkfat. I hand made all her baby food except the fruit and vegetables in an Oster food processor. If she injested any milk at all, she was sick for a week. This lasted until she was nearly 7... she drank only soy formula through that time.

4. My family includes several state amateur golfing champions, one club pro, and one manufacturer's rep for golf clubs. The last time I was on a golf course as a player, I 13 putted. They try to pretend I'm from another family.

5. I have 16 crowns and have had 18 root canals. Brush your teeth twice a day and floss!

6. At the height of my addiction, I drank 7 cups of coffee a day. I'm down to one(but I'm not counting all the diet Mt. Dew).

7. I played the accordion and liked to dance the polka as a child. OMG, I never thought I would admit that.

5 comments:

Pam said...

OK, you've done it. You get the award for weirdness so far.

I just thought the plaster cast of my boobs was weird.

Cat phobia?????!!!??

So, bore me. I want to know why a cat phobia??

Bob said...

Thanks for admitting you don't know how to tag . . . heck, I just learned how to post photos. I am working on my seven things but it might be a while.

Hal Johnson said...

Hm. Cat phobia. I wanna hear why you have a cat phobia, boring story or no.

Anonymous said...

Quid,

Thank you for sharing these facts about yourself. And I understand your feelings about blog tag. Anytime when we share personal information about ourselves on the web we become very vulnerable (and our jugular is exposed).

Personally, when I was tagged by Pam and Kelly, I had and still have truly ambivalent feelings about blog tag, but I did not want to disappoint them (because I care about Pam and Kelly).

And I understand, for instance, your intense cat phobia as Fiery Spirit shares this with you (and there are quite a few people who do not understand that she absolutely can't stand cats and that she is so afraid of them).

Raven

Kelly said...

Okay...count me in on wanting to hear the cat story. I bet it would make a great blog entry!

You're actually the second person I know that played the accordian as a kid. My friend from Cincinnati did, too. Must be a northern thing....

I'll admit I'm not crazy about this "blog tag" thing, either, but I didn't want to be a spoil-sport.