Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Favorite



I’ll Join You


Pages turned with your left hand
Cheek rests lightly on your right.
You don’t see me watching you.

Absorbed in your reading
Gold-rimmed glasses keep
Far-sightedness at bay.

You can shut the noisy world out,
Lost in the words on the page,
Comfortable with your momentary solitude.

But I, (unwisely?) watch too long,
And you slowly glance up.
Time stops. You know without asking.

Know I’ve been memorizing you, mesmerized by you
I’ll be able to replay your moment
In my car, at my desk, whenever need takes me over.

You could be self-conscious,
Or puzzled, or naïve.
But you’re not.

Your instincts are powerful
And you can feel my longing
In an instant.

And, just as sure of my ground
I can feel that heat
Reflected back at me, on me.

Don’t get up.
I have my book.
I’ll join you.


***




~quidrock




***National Poetry Month***

2 comments:

Kelly said...

This is great, too!

Are we going to be treated to a poem from you each day this month? I hope so!

Pam said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!!