Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Monday, April 6, 2009


On Love




Love is complicated

Complicated is a word that
Creates a puzzle for the mind.

The puzzle becomes
The force behind our lives
Together. Are we…

A true “force” or just
A tangled snarl of needs
And passions, expressing
Anguish by the deep need that drives us?

Will it drive us forward?
Who can say what time may one day tell?
Whether we are one and true or
Walking together out of convenience
With wisdom all but left behind.

Left behind with the shattered
Leftovers of past lives.
Lives that knew not each other
Loves that have passed before.
Loneliness held at bay by two together.
Love is complicated
.



I wrote this one April. It's a form that I sort of stumbled into that I called "acrecentar". There are 6 stanzas... the first has one line, the next two..and so forth. In this particular poem, the starting letter of each line of each stanza is the same. It took a long time to sift through and select the words and thought to keep the story and the form at the same time. Poetry. It's wonderful.



*


2 comments:

Pam said...

It is wonderful! And, your poem is amazing!!

And, yes, love is complicated.

Kelly said...

Wow! I'm impressed by the poem itself AND by the way it's structured.