Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tones of Brown



I’m sketching you in tones of brown.
I don’t know why.
When I think of you, it is in terms
Of greens and blues,
Alive and ethereal.

Perhaps that is because so much
Time has passed us by,
And taken from us the delicious
Honeyed juice of our youth and our love..
Or was it merely fancy?

And yet, the sketch is somewhat golden
And warm, and the day is a pleasant
Reminder of Monterey
And our coastal path of discovery
Days spent in laughter.

I cannot taste a cold
Sweet caramel chardonnay without
Thoughts of the windy patio
Where we said goodbye
And laced our fingers together
For the last time.

And the coming days became brown.

Just brown.




~quidrock








The poem dates back to 2003... the memories of Monterey some 25 years.....

5 comments:

Marion said...

A bittersweet poem. Loved the photo you chose to go with it. It matched perfectly!

Kelly said...

I'm in total agreement with Marion.

Sounds like you've been in a nostalgic mood lately, as have I.

Bob said...

I LOVE this! What a talent.

Pam said...

What a talent, indeed! Our Quid is one amazing poet!!

Beautifully done!

Robynn's Ravings said...

How beautifully melancholy... It's really lovely.

Happy Saturday Sharefest!

Robynn @ "Robynn's Ravings"