Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Tribute





A Tribute to Jack Kemp - I didn't always agree with him politically, but I respected him as a player, a politician, a statesman:




“Pro football gave me a good perspective. When I entered the political arena, I had already been booed, cheered, cut, sold, traded and hung in effigy"...




“We will not rest, ... until there's a quality education -- public, private, parochial, charter, magnet or whatever -- for every child living in the United States of America, every family in America."




"There are no limits to our future if we don't put limits on our people."

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I can appreciate his quotes that you've shared here.

Hal Johnson said...

Jack Kemp proved that the term "compassionate conservative" needn't be an oxymoron.

Bob said...

Thanks for this tribute. We have truly lost one of the good ones.

Algernon said...

I remember Jack Kemp as one of the better personalities in politics, and would like to think of him that way instead of as a leading apostle of the erroneous and horrendously destructive "trickle-down economics."

If I could choose between that and Kemp himself, I'd gladly give Kemp back to his family and erase his voodoo capitalism.

Pam said...

I liked Kemp. Sad news, indeed.