Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Frat Boy





He's 7 years older than me, but he didn't act like it tonight. The one on the left. Congressman Joe Wilson from the great state of South Carolina. As if the gov hasn't made SC a laughingstock of the political world, Wilson could not contain his little boy exuberance this evening, at a JOINT SESSION OF CONGRESS... as President Barack Obama emphatically denied that the healthcare reform bill will not cover illegal aliens, Massa Joe decided to enunciate loudly in the chamber ... "You Lie!".

Suffice it to say that I wouldn't have been a fan of this behavior if Joe had chosen the expression to give a shoutout to the Prez he is featured above with, when the man proclaimed that Saddam had WMD, or that we were not torturing our illegally held captives.

Because the behavior is downright juvenile. Like much of the activities surrounding healthcare reform. Dammit, these people we elect need to listen to the population of this United States when we say we must have health care reform. And then they need to roll up their damn sleeves and see if they can't make a contribution to make reform legislation a reality, all the while they are getting their own health seen to by a governmental health plan that Wilson and all of his colleagues from both parties enjoy by virtue of their positions in Congress. A great plan (run by the government) that has covered Wilson and his family since 2001.

He was elected to Congress in a special election in 2001 following the death of Congressman Spence. He won with 73% of the vote.

In 2002, he was re-elected with 84% of the vote.

In 2004, he won again with 65% of the vote.

In 2006 - it was 62.7%.

In 2008, his margin narrowed to 54%.

Let's hope the good people of South Carolina take him to task for his juvenile behavior and try not to let the door slam him in the ass when he leaves office in 2010.

Outrageous.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You know, there's a time and a place for everything.

That was SO not the time or place.

Debby said...

Stuff like that is beginning to back fire. I think the times they are a-changing.

If I'm wrong, you can all jump up in unison and shout "You LIE!" You can doctor my picture up so that I look like Hitler. You can compare me to Satan.

If I'm wrong.

Bob said...

I met a very nice couple from South Carolina recently who assured me their state had much to offer and lamented how sad it is that their politicians embarrass them so.

Indeed.