Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Friday, April 9, 2010

Today's Poem - Momentary Love

























**
Momentary Love

When I fall in love
It will be forever
Until the next time I fall in love
And then I’ll realize
That the need for me
To be
In love
Sometimes
Outweighs the reality.

When I fall in love
The momentary
Rush of headiness
The dizzy infatuation
The intense and fleeting pleasure
Yeah.
It’s enough.
Or is it?

**






Inspired by Chris Botti's recording of the song... "When I Fall In Love".... I lifted the phrase to start this poem. I haven't written much poetry this year, but this one fell into place.

2 comments:

Marion said...

An occupational hazard for us moody Moonchildren, no? Great poem, Q. I love Botti, too. Blessings!

Kelly said...

Ooooo...very nice! I need to listen to his version.