Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Friday, May 14, 2010

Tune-In Friday. Some new and some old

A Jazz Classic…. By the great Smokey Robinson

Smokey is best known for Motown songs and working with the Miracles, but what a job he can do on a real jazz offering. Contemporary Smokey:



And a great clip from the ancient show “Shindig”… the Miracles really got a hold on the dance steps, singing "You Really Got A Hold On Me" This one fades to a great clip of Marvin singing "How Sweet It Is".. in case you didn’t have enough of ‘80’s Marvin that I've posted before. It is terrific that some of this film still exists; the editor had a little problem with the clip, since the Shindig announcer introduces the Miracles singing "Shop Around". Oops.

3 comments:

Marion said...

Oldies but goodies. Great songs. Happy TGIF! Blessings!

Kelly said...

Smokey and Marvin, both legends! Nice!!

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Two great blasts from the past. Thanks for sharing.