Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday is STILL FreeVerse day



A POET IN LOVE


I wrote and I wrote,
Until my pen was my blood,
And on paper my heart set before me,
Then when I had written all I could say,
All that I felt and believed,
I walked to his door, trembling, afraid,
And delivered my soul to be freed.


~ gabby nicholls
pearlsoup 2003

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I don't remember seeing this before....and I really like it!

I need to go back to posting poetry on Wednesdays. Maybe one of us should try e-mailing Cara to see what happened to her. Perhaps someone else could carry on the meme. I always enjoyed checking out all the contributions.

Marion said...

Nice poem. Funky. xo