Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Live-blogging my sports






That's Cody Grimm scoring his first touchdown above, and the smooth profile of BJ Upton. He drove in run #3.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Rays: Down 2-1 in the playoffs against the Texas Rangers. Game 4 in Texas is must-win.
****

Bucs: Just trying to survive this year. A win against the Bengals would be big. Plus, they have T.O. and Chad Ochocinco. Those two deserve to lose.


I'm having a time switching back and forth between the almost-lost Rays and the hapless Buccaneers. Still, I'm compelled by my sports teams. And after all, I watched joyously as the Gators and the Tide lost yesterday. I'm having a run of good luck. Maybe.
At 3:12 pm, I catch the Buccaneers with a go-ahead touchdown (after a controversial call against the Bengals on the goal line), but I missed Wade strike out the Rangers with the bases loaded, thus preserving the Rays' 5-0 lead.
5 minutes later, as I'm finalizing this, the Rangers get a homer, followed by a single in the 6th. Sigh.


More later. If I'm premature, they'll both lose.
*
*
*
4:25 update
.... the Bucs miraculously pull it out with a go ahead field goal after Carson Palmer throws two costly interceptions
....the Rays go into the bottom of the 9th with a three point lead. Can they hold on? The Rangers have the bottom of their order up first. At this point, only two outs to go before the series heads back to Tampa.
*
*
*
TWO WINS!!!! It's Unusual
For me to have simultaneous sports successes. Guess I should have been betting. Now, if the Rays come home and lose, they are positively a post-season disaster.
On to Tuesday night at 7:30. Lets hope the real Rays show up.
As for the Bucs...well, I don't want coach Raheem Morris to be a success, because I'd like to see him gone at the end of the season. But you always get excited when your team pulls a tough one out. I had predicted the Bucs would go 6-10. At 3-1, I may have underestimated them.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Can't believe the Rays! Lose at home and go to Arlington and take two!