Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Tune In Friday....The World Series Does Odd Things To Me

You know, there are a lot of great baseball movies. Somehow, at this time of year, when the series is on, I always dig out my favorite... "A League of Their Own". Oddly, the memorable song from the movie "This Used To Be My Playground" was never marketed by Madonna showing clips from the film, and the film's trailer didn't use it at all. Madonna's official video (I'm not a particular fan) is really beautiful and touching. Very restrained. Also very narcissistic.
I prefer the song in combination with the movie.

I watched it tonight and loved it all over again. For those of you who want to reminisce... here's a clever remix, where the video author captured the last moments of the movie, which shows scenes in retrospect, mixed with this lovely song. And here's a link to Madonna's official video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Ia2Hd_IvM&feature=related



1 comment:

Kelly said...

I've only seen this movie once (I do re-watch movies, just don't re-read books) and remember enjoying it quite a bit.

I like Madonna's music but had forgotten about this song. It's a good one!!