Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Search for the perfect dessert...with low carbs


I'm diabetic. And a lifelong dessert freak. Sigh. From time to time I will feature entries in my blog about dessert fixes with low carbs...usually, they will be low calorie, too. This is the first.

Currently, I'm fixated on Jell-O Temptations Lemon Meringue. This is a 100 calorie, 19 carb (high on my quest for 20 carbs or less) small cup of lemon heaven.

Like most mass-produced lemon products, Tempatations has a slightly acidic aftertaste that you have to endure once the good stuff is gone. The lemon is the texture of lemon curd, the "meringue" is unobjectionable. The small cups come in packs of 3. In the search for the perfect dessert with low carbs, I must warn you: you cannot eat all 3 at the same time. Pace yourself.

Rank on a scale of 10: 7.5

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love lemon, so this sounds yummy!

Have you seen the commercials for Fage Greek yogurt? I LOVE them and decided I had to try it. I had a cup of it for my dessert last night (the honey variety) and it was delicious! I just looked at the cherry variety I still have in the fridge and it shows 18g. carbs. I also want to try the strawberry. Those were the only types they had at my WalMart.

Chopped All-Stars begins tonight!!

Serena said...

I'm a dessert freak, too, and always on the lookout for something tasty but low cal. This sounds perfect! I'm going to try some next time I go to the store.