Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Sunday, October 9, 2016

My Bro is a Floridian

For my adult life, since the age of 24, I have lived 1200-1500 miles away from my nearest relative.
I am fortunate that both my kids are in Tampa, so I have the next generation close at hand.  Still, living alone and with no close relatives to depend on tests your resilience.

So, I'm ecstatic that my brother and his wife retired to Palm Harbor, about 15 miles from me.  Thus far, we have shared meals and football, but I'm looking forward to concerts and holidays.  They got here via the movers from hell, and so far have experienced 2 brushes with hurricanes.  The former problem should keep them here, never to move again... the latter makes Florida transplants think twice.  But I'm hoping they'll be here a long, long time.

Here's Gary and Denise with my little granddaughter:



Somehow, Florida seems more like home now.

4 comments:

Marion said...

Awesome!!!! I'm so happy for y'all!! I had to laugh when you said "movers from hell"...are there any other kind? It's great to have family around for support... Did y'all get any bad weather from the hurricane? I was thinking about you. Strangely, we haven't had rain for a few months. I've had to water every day for months now. Take care! xo

Bob said...

That's great! And never take for granted the close proximity of you son and daughter (and granddaughter) either!

Anonymous said...

Quid,
I am happy for you that Gary and
Denise have moved to Florida.
As I do undestand how it feels
more like home for you now.
The picture which you shared is
truly precious!
Raven

Kelly said...

Excuse me while I brush myself off - I fell out when I saw a post from you in my reader!! ;)

So glad you have your brother there now. I don't see mine as often as I should... and one is only two hours away!

Glad you made it through the latest weather event okay.