Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Books of the Week




Check out my "Shelfari" for updates. This week I


Reviewed:


"The Condition" - Jennifer Haigh


and


"Heartsick" - Chelsea Cain



Am Reading:


"Silks" - by old friend Dick Francis, an author I'm most fond of


"Fraud" - A quasi autobiography about Dubya, given to me by a friend I'm most fond of



Bought and can't wait to read:


"The Given Day" by Dennis Lehane


"Forced Out" by David Frey


and


"The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larson (very excited about this one!)


So many books, so little time....Sigh.


5 comments:

Serena said...

Oooooo, I didn't know Dennis Lehane had something new out. I'll have to get it PDQ.

Pam said...

I've read blurbs about several of them.

Afraid I'm backlogged in books these days.

Little time to read.

I still haven't started my next book up: The Lace Reader -Brunonia Barry.

Donna said...

Love your Shelfari! Looking forward to the new reviews.

Anonymous said...

Quid,

Among the new paper friends which I have found, is the Brunetti series by Donna Leon, which is set in Venice (and I am still exploring it).

There still sit many books on my pile of books to read, and after peeking at your bookshelf, I will add some more titles to that pile.

Raven

quid said...

The Leon books sound wonderful, Raven! And there are 14 of them! I love the challenge of trying to find them and read them in order.

The Berry book is also on my wishlist, Pam. You'll have to let me know how it is, when you get to it!

quid