Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Friday, April 24, 2009

Kelly and the Haiku






I've got haiku all over the place, and crazy Kelly has me digging it all out. Some of it is on notebook paper, some on notecards...heck, I did publish some online. This collection is one of my faves...














Haiku for Booklovers






Soak In A Bath


Never, when I can
Have book time and immerse me
In fast mind escape.


***************************************

Books Can’t Die


Books can’t die or fall
prey to electronic beasts.
Books keep us earthbound.

************************************

Voracious

Bookworm, reader or
Forgetter of what needs me.
Reading on and on.



An Old Friend Jumps Out at You

You’re browsing and
Somewhat bored at the lack
Of books to choose from.

Then, electrified…
You see the long-forgotten
Cherished book, ahhh!


Symbol of Friendship


The spark of finding
That you both read yourselves
Groggy, into night.

Until it is done
And then, satiated a
Moment, you want more.

Of course, I speak of reading books!

Lend a friend one book
You cherish, and seal the bond
Of kinship, always.



A couple of famous people sound off on books:


"Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?" ~ Henry Ward Beecher

"Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them."

~Arnold Lobel

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Just when I thought I was getting over my obsession.

These are great, Quid! I also LOVE the two quote you put at the end. I can SO relate!

Pam said...

Love em!!!! Afraid I'm not, however, obsessed with Haiku like the two of you.

Love the Haiku you two whip out!!!

Anonymous said...

Quid,

I, too can definitely relate! Love your haiku.

Sharing our love of reading and books is a way to connect with each other.

Books are paper friends!

Raven