Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Moratorium

We're just asking, Mr. President, that you order a moratorium on Don't Ask, Don't Tell... the second largest Clinton folly after Monica.....while the recent appeals court decision is taken back to the courts. Oh yes, we know you want to build consensus and proceed, in the words of your spokesman "in a sensible way that strengthens our armed forces and our national security" ... and all that jazz. But meanwhile, the law of the land violates the civil rights of some of our most distinguished veterans. Here's number 2 (see Dan Choi, here http://livingimperfectly.blogspot.com/2009/05/dont-ask-dont-tell-dont-keep-it.html) in my humble blog:






Fehrenbach - an American hero. Discharged two years before he earned his full Air Force pension.

You can wait for Congress to stomp around getting the legislation ready, Mr. President. But, while you're waiting, refuse to continue the program of drumming these fine people out of the corps by signing an executive order to cease carrying the program out while the courts and the legislature sort it out. Fulfill this promise.

No comments: