Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Spring Training

One of the big highlights here is when the Rays play the Yankees. Yesterday, at the mini-kingdom that Tampa built for George Steinbrenner, it was 12-7 Rays. New guy Sean Rodriguez hit a homer, triple, double... and would have gone for the cycle but came out of the lineup in the 6th, disappointing the fans. In no way was it as much of a blast as the spring training brawl in 2008, below:



Today, the Red Sox come to the Rays spring home in Port Charlotte. Naturally, both games sold out!

1 comment:

Bob said...

Oh how I LOVE baseball and I love spring training! Went in 2007 and 2008 and had a blast. Won't make it this year but it's definitely on my agenda again for the future.

As I wrote in a post last year, the Yankees park there in Tampa is like a miniature Yankee Stadium and I prefer the smaller ones. But it's a whole lot of fun.