Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Taxes, taxes


"Federal taxes are very considerably lower by every measure since Obama became president. In fact, 40% of Obama's stimulus package involved tax cuts.These include the Making Work Pay Credit, which reduces federal taxes for all taxpayers with incomes below $75,000 by between $400 and $800. "


According to the JCT, last year's $787 billion stimulus bill, enacted with no Republican support, reduced federal taxes by almost $100 billion in 2009 and another $222 billion this year. The Tax Policy Center, a private research group, estimates that close to 90% of all taxpayers got a tax cut last year and almost 100% of those in the $50,000 income range. For those making between $40,000 and $50,000, the average tax cut was $472; for those making between $50,000 and $75,000, the tax cut averaged $522. No taxpayer anywhere in the country had his or her taxes increased as a consequence of Obama's policies."


~Bruce Bartlett


I've been doing tax returns, and I can attest to the above. How is it that Obama's team doesn't know how to get this message out to most Americans? Unlike Bush's cuts, which sent a check to people, Obama got there through withholding and most people are getting a "pump" right now, and hopefully injecting it into the economy.

No comments: