Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Tune In Friday.... a Jewel #8



This song also happens to contains some lyrics that I can never forget… proving that Jewel Kilcher might be one of our best contemporary poets who is hiding in plain sight.

“…I’ve known some anguish
And I know my heart’s cried out.
I am tired, I feel weary
But I’m not worn out.

I’ll set down my chains
Till only faith remains.
And no longer lend my strength to that
Which I wish to be free of.
I’ll fill my life with love and bravery
And try to lead a life uncommon.”

3 comments:

Marion said...

Jewel is one of my all-time favorite singers and songwriters. Thanks for sharing this. Love & Blessings!!

Kelly said...

I have several Jewel selections in my iTunes (thanks to my daughter), but I wasn't familiar with this one.

Wonderful lyrics!

Pam said...

Yes, I love that and I love many of her lyrics. I've always been a Jewel fan!