Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Keeping busy.....

From Japan to Libya.... tough to keep your eyes off the globe right now.




I've succeeded by filling up my leisure hours with activity. Saw a great concert with Chris Botti last weekend, saw the Rays in a spring training game. And, of course, my annual tournament where I play a lotta basketball.... let me translate that for you. The NCAA plays basketball, I remain a couch potato, but I jump around a lot and scream things like "Go to the right!!!" and "He's open, he's open....!" All while pointing madly.




Here's a still of Botti on stage and an action shot from last week's tournament action. All 4 my Final 4 picks are still alive, but BYU and Arizona could easily go down tonight.




Getting ready for a family wedding, and my daughter and SIL to be will be home next Monday. Can't wait. Also did a dinner and a breakfast with different groups of old friends from Capital One.




One thing I'm avoiding is my tax return. I always have to pay. I don't want to know just how much, just yet. I'm living the life of the solvent, vicariously.






3 comments:

Kelly said...

I bet the Botti concert was fantastic!!

I know you're going to have a great time next week. Enjoy their visit!! Maybe I'll be busy making sauerbraten.
:)

Bob said...

Nothing like March Madness. With a cold, rainy weekend coming up here, it's the perfect setting for being a couch potato. I actually have a few teams left in the mix. Usually by this time my bracket's in the toilet.

Serena said...

Sounds like you've managed to have some fun while keeping busy. I don't blame you for the tax procrastination. Maybe you'll be surprised, though. I had to pay last year, but got money back this time. Enjoy your visit with the kids!