Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Monday, July 4, 2011

All of us in Central Florida....




Are glad that this trial is almost over. It has been difficult to be in the spotlight for such a cruel and unusual court case. Unfortunately, for America, as it winds down, the jury is being selected for the trial of Michael Jackson's doctor. We just can't get away from it.


Postscript:


I am willing to consider that Casey was putting Caylee "under" with Xanax (Zanny) and keeping her in the trunk of her care whenever she wanted to be out all night. When she ran out of Xanax, with no pipeline, she looked into homemade chloroform. Using the chloroform with a lack of skill, she gave Kaylee too much and found her dead the next day.


Felony manslaughter with child abuse, 2nd degree manslaughter... if it was an (albeit cruel and abusive) accident.


But, as we will all be able to argue, we think she did it, we don't know much about how it happened, but there was enough reasonable doubt to not convict.
Hard to believe.


Stand back and watch her cash in on the book, and I'm sure she'll want to play herself in the TV movie. Sigh.


My best advice... change your appearance, change your name, move to another state.

9 comments:

Pam said...

I've been watching this trial (beating the heat by staying inside)and until the last couple of days I wasn't sure I could vote for first degree murder since I wasn't convinced of how the child actually died. I think, now, I could convict on first degree.

I suspect she will not get the death penalty.

She is cold as ice and the entire family is very dysfunctional.

No way she won't be convicted....but then, I thought that about OJ, too...

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marion said...

As her father said, nobody but Casey and God know what really happened to that baby girl. But I'd vote for first degree murder. This is the strongest circumstantial evidence trial I've ever seen. She's a cold, unfeeling sociopath.

Kelly said...

I've only watched what they show of this on the evening news. Not only is the entire trial itself disturbing, I've been disgusted by reports of people fighting, etc. while jockeying for position in line for front row seats in the courtroom. Or worse, the people in line they would interview - all with big smiles on their faces, laughing, like this was some sort of circus or sideshow event! Wait... that's exactly what it's turned into. Sad, sad, sad.

Pam said...

Well, it's OJ all over again. While I suspected she wouldn't get convicted on 1st degree murder I thought they would convict on manslaughter, at the very least since she was the last person with the baby before she disappeared.

I was wrong. Wow! Basically, she could walk out of the courtroom on Tburs. at sentencing.

I'm very sad for that entire family. They will never be the same no matter what. I also think Casey Anthony will not have an easy life as time goes on.

Serena said...

It's an absolute truism that you never know what a jury is going to do. I personally thought the verdict was a travesty. True, the evidence was circumstantial, but who else was in a position to duct tape that child, put her in a plastic bag, drive around with her body for a while, and then toss her off on the side of the road? On Headline News this afternoon, they were calling it OJ2, and I can only concur.

Debby said...

I think that it will be interesting to see what happens next. This girl is not bright. If she has gotten away w/ something (personally, I believe she has...why would a mother not report her child missing?) she will think that she is invincible. She will do something else, something horrible.

quid said...

Kinda like OJ, right Deb? Miss getting convicted for the terrible crime, then land in jail for a lesser crime.

Like OJ, the next judge/jury will throw the book at her.

Bob said...

I didn't follow this very closely but I am surprised at how surprised people are by the verdict. This is our system. It's not perfect but it's our system. Reasonable doubt is a hefty burden. The prosecution didn't meet the burden. I think they did the best they could with what they had to work with, but they didn't have enough evidence.

If someone could establish standing for a civil suit (as OJ's wife's family did), they could probably get her on wrongful death. Preponderance of the evidence is a much lesser burden.

Did she do it? I believe she did.