Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Friday, May 31, 2013

Today I'm an Expert On....






Today, I'm an expert on post-it notes.

From this early, early morning, while volunteering at the world-renowned cancer center (where the patient records wouldn't print and we had to take each patient back to surgery with a BRIGHT PINK post-it)....





To the sign I found on my handbag, on a nice big yellow post-it with lines in it:

"You can have it back, it doesn't match my shoes".

This was in the wake of me leaving my purse on the office floor of one of our funniest directors (guy).  I left it late yesterday afternoon and couldn't go back for it until 10 a.m. today.  He, of course, found it and was being his usual droll self.   Meanwhile, although I kind of knew where it was, I was wandering around with no diabetic testing kit, no ATM card, no cash (a friend took pity and gave me a $10; I had to spend it this morning when my car was driving on fumes), no driver's license, no Burt's Bee's lip balm.   It was pretty traumatic......




To the lime green post it note I found in my Publix shopping cart.   Some nice person had left it on top of a pile of coupons that had TWO buy one get one free offers of foods I actually consume. 
So, I saved a buncha $$$$.  .... The post it note said:   "pay it forward".


A nice way to end the week. 

3 comments:

Kelly said...

This post left a big smile on my face. Of course I would have been obsessing majorly over leaving my purse somewhere and not having my DL, etc.

btw....I'm the Post-It queen. I have them everywhere in my house and use them frequently.

Bob said...

I could make a totally snarky remark about women and their purses but I won't . . .

Serena said...

I LOVE this! Not the lost purse part -- I've never lost mine so can only imagine how traumatic it would be. Thank goodness it wasn't truly "lost" and you got it back. The "pay it forward" coupons was great. It's good to know there are nice, kind people out there.:)