Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Big Win for the Twins




Kyle Gibson, 25, made his major league debut for the Twins yesterday, winning 6-2....mostly because I was at the game.

We had a great view from the Metropolitan Club, but after the 5th inning, we needed to get together with the hoi polloi, so we retunred to the main concourse and made short work of our polish sausage (or bratwurst) with onions, mustard and sauerkraut. 

A beautiful day for baseball, so different to watch it outside again, instead of indoors at the funky Trop.

My quest for a Rod Carew jersey was fruitless, when I discovered that the authentic style jersey they had at the shop was a throwback to the years the Twins wore the pullover jersey with the V-neck.  Sigh.  I wanted a button up.

Will have to continue the quest. 

2 comments:

Bob said...

You are at one of the ballparks I have yet to visit. Hope to remedy that before too long. Later this week we'll be at a Nationals game in D.C.!

Glad you are back in your homeland. Have a great time!

Kelly said...

I'm drooling over that brat.