Some Stuff About Me:

My photo
I'm a Minnesota Girl, living in the south. I tell my friends I try not to talk and think like a Yankee, but sometimes I slip up!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

BIKINI GRAPH


I'm heartened by Steve Benen's graph of job losses. You can see we started to lose jobs in this nation as far back as the month of January, 2008... culminating in last year's financial crisis. Remember, 12 months ago? Every day there were reports of 1,000's of jobs being cut. November 2009 on the right is 11,000...the lowest since 2007. December, not posted yet, hangs a little lower at 85,000. Every one of us has a job loss in our family or circle of friends. It feels like it is getting worse. Yet, look at the empirical number of jobs lost in each month. It peaked in January 2009 (the last month George W. was President). Since then, it has, stumbling a little... started to peter out. We sure do want a month where we actually GAIN jobs, and then a lot more, to try to recover what has been lost. When you look at this timeline, you can see that our trend is for job loss to dry up.
I see signs everywhere. I hope you will, soon, as well.

2 comments:

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Concerned for others' employment
And the rate of possible deployment;
From a graph to bare
Information to share.

You sound like a really nice person. Thank you. Take care. Bye.

Kelly said...

Let's hope things really are starting to improve.